Tuesday 14 January 2020

Summer Learning Journey Day 1, Week 1

Activity 1 Setting Sail (Mostly fruit)
1:Bananas because they have potassium
2:Mandarin because they have vitamin c
(Not the same)
3:Orange same as mandarin
4:A LOT of water
and lastly canned pineapple for some reason
Activity 2 Discovering Aotearoa
My family is from Sava'i in Samoa I don't know my cultural background but I know where my family is from
Activity 3 Scaling new heights.
I'm interested in the SPCA because they look after lost of unwanted animals and allow others to adopt them which is kind to the animals who are lost and don't know where to go

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kalani, this is Mrs Collins from Manaiakalani and I'll be commenting on blogs over term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. I like the assortment of food and drink that you picked - do you have a favourite? Perhaps next time you could put all of the information on a DLO or an infographic?! I also like the information you shared on "Discovering Aotearoa" about your family history. When we moved to New Zealand we had to leave all of our family behind in England, but they, and some of our friends, have been out to visit many times...Why did you pick the SPCA? Do you have pets at home? We have x2 cats and x3 fish... Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Kalani,

    It is lovely meeting you! I am so excited that you are joining us for the Summer Learning Journey 2019-2020. Have you done this programme before?

    This is my first year joining the Summer Learning Journey, and I am so excited that I get to read over the Manaiakalani blogs.

    I’m really looking forward to summer, aren't you? In my spare time I like spending time at the beach and hanging out with my friends. I also enjoy going for walks and I absolutely love cooking and baking. What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

    I like your ideas of what you will bring on your voyage. I think that bringing fruit is a great idea, because it doesn't need a fridge or a freezer! Also, that's awesome to learn you are from Sava'i in Samoa. Have you been to Samoa before? And, what is your favourite thing about your culture? :)

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete